Monday, November 28, 2011

"A Mom in Action"

Our sweet little William McKay is finally with us!  After the nine month waiting period these almost five weeks with him have flown by.  I can't believe how big he has gotten already! Time really will fly.
Right before I went into the hospital to be induced, I was talking to my sister, Jena, about the fact that so soon I'd be a mom (yahoo!), she replied, "well, a mom in action!" She couldn't have said it better or been more right!  All my life I have had very instinctual motherly feelings and desires, and now is my time to put them into practice.  I'll be honest, some "instincts" have come more naturally than others (like being completely 100% over protective... got that instinct in abundance!), but it has been the most rewarding experience of my life, so far, taking care of this little baby.  
Some people say that when you have a baby it is one of the most spiritual experiences of your life, and I'd have to agree, but for me it was far different than what I was expecting.  I didn't necessarily feel a "burning in the bosom", or see angels ministering to us, or have any bright revelations or anything along those lines.  I simply felt like this was the best thing I could possibly be doing with my life- bringing into the world a sweet little baby with my loving, supportive husband.  
I am so grateful for this chance I have to be a mother.  William is such an incredible little baby.  I feel blessed to be his mommy. I thank God He has blessed me with the opportunity to take care of this precious boy, he's our little miracle. 

(Now, I promised I'd be taking more photos once the baby was here, so... be prepared for a ton of them!)

I simply love snuggling with my boy! 


A classic "It's crying, what do I do?!" picture!


My very handsome, charming boys.



Richard is 100% smitten by our little guy.



Nap time on grandmas' blanket she made for William :)


One of William's first baths. He loves the sound of running water and for the room to be very warm.



William's first time at church at 3 weeks old.


When I burp William, he loves to snuggle his head in so he can feel my cheek on his head.  It's the most precious thing ever!



The lighting here was just perfect, so I was able to get a few really good shots of William!




His beloved pacifier! I'm so thankful for it... it saves my life some most days!




I truly can't ever get enough of him!


So far it looks like his eyes are going to stay blue... we'll see if they change!




He still has a ton of hair, which I love! I am thinking we might need to trim it up though so that it matches the length of the new hair coming in in the front...



William discovered that Rich's nose acts as a good substitute for his binki, haha, cracks us up!


Our first Thanksgiving away from our families.  Rich made an incredible turkey!



1 comment:

  1. These are great pictures!!! Nice job. I love the "first time at church" shot, only I thought it was the one with Rich. I thought, "Looky there. William is paying attention to the speaker and his daddy is sawing logs. m-hmm." ;)

    Seriously, though, I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete