Monday, December 10, 2012

Just Right...

A couple Sunday's ago, our Relief Society president (the women who is in charge of directing the watch care of the women of our congregation), spoke about spiritual experiences. She talked about daily recognizing the experiences we have, and invited us to record them in a journal so that we can not only learn to recognize heaven's help, but so that we will have a "bucket full" of experiences to rely on when our well of faith seems low.

I decided to take her up on the challenge. In the previous weeks, I had been noticing how Heavenly Father has been inspiring my spirit/mind a lot- mainly in the form of an idea of something to do to help a family member. So I felt excited to write down the experiences I've been having.

Because I committed to doing the challenge, I of course have felt more stumped, "uh... Should I write this down? Does it really count??" But today I had a moment given to me that I think really counts.

As a new mom I often wonder, "Am I doing things right?" "Is my baby getting what he needs?" "Do I need to to more? Do less? What should I do...?" The list is, no joke, endless!

Today William was itching to go outside. He would walk from the front door to the back door and reach for the handle (I smell trouble already when he's taller!). I decided to be a "good" mommy and take him outside. I followed him where ever he wanted to go (minus up to random people's doors...) We walked up and down the streets and sidewalks, just taking our time.

While we were out there I had the thought, "you're doing it right momma. This is just what he needs." After walking for quite a while, I picked Will up in my arms and gave him a big hug. He nestled his head down on my shoulder and for a minute he just laid down mumbling sounds to me. It was the pat on the back I was in particular need of; It was the simple reassurance that even though I am far from perfect, I've got the most important things right in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment