Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Do You See What I See


There’s a long sung Christmas song titled, “Do You Hear What I Hear.”   Today after talking to my sister about our love for Christmas music and reading from the awesome new Relief Society book, “Daughters in My Kingdom” I had a new little twist to the song mentioned above pop into my head, “Do You See What I See.”

I feel like often times it is easy to forget how good we have things in life.  It’s no secret that us women can be our own worst critics- forgetting all of our strengths and focusing on our weaknesses like they’re the most important part of us, but do we see what He sees?  Do we see the divine potential we’ve been created with?  Do we see the miracles that we help Him produce?  Do we see the tender mercies in simple life situations?

Granted we all have things we struggle with, things we wish we could do better at, but in general I think we all have a lot going for us- a whole lot more than we acknowledge.  I am always amazed at the peace that comes from my Heavenly Father when I pray to be able to be better at “something.”  Instead of showing me how bad I am at that certain “something,” He shows me what I’m already doing right, giving me hope and in a small, but very real way, He validates who I already am and my desires to become better.

Our Heavenly Father created us in His image… His image.  And with that creation, He imbedded within us all a bit of His divinity.  Do we remember to build off of that?  Do we neglect to see our natural goodness and potential?  Do we remember to see what He sees?

Charity, the pure love of Christ, is embedded into the Relief Society motto.  We focus on giving charity to others, but do we give it to ourselves?  Do we cut ourselves a break, see ourselves as He sees us, and allow ourselves time for healing and regrowth? 

I believe this is something our loving Heavenly Father wants for us.  He doesn’t want us to be self-absorbed, but He wants for us to see ourselves as He sees us- as His brilliant Daughters who have endless gifts and talents to share and develop.  I believe that He holds a tender spot in His heart for His daughters and will do everything He can to help us see our divine goodness- our raw beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment