Monday, February 6, 2012

Testimony

Very early Sunday morning I received sobering news via text message that a dear friend of mine from high school and seminary committed suicide... My heart broke to read those words.  He was a wonderfully talented, kind person who in recent months I'd been telling my husband about.  Since receiving the news, I've had time to deeply ponder and turn to my Heavenly Father in prayer.  My heart has found comfort in knowing that our Heavenly Father understands things far better than we do.  He knows completely all the thoughts, feelings, and intents of our hearts.  He understands the limitations we have, our struggles, and our deep desires for good despite our falling short.  I am endlessly grateful for a Savior who has atoned for much more than just our sins.  The compassionate strength that is available from the atonement blows me away at times.  I am endlessly grateful to have such power available to me, and endlessly grateful that my Savior chose to complete such a daunting task so that I, as well as all mankind, can find pure relief from pain and suffering.  I know that there is angelic healing and comfort that can enter our lives, I've experienced it in very personal ways.  Most of all, I know that somewhere in the vast expanse of space and universe, I have a God who knows and loves me, and who is far closer to me than I can possibly realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment