Monday, August 19, 2013

Hold Fast, My Baby

Time is my friend and my enemy. It's fickle pace pushes my emotions. Too fast, too slow, but seldom just right. How can that be?
Sweet Carter Jefferson is two months old. Precious William McKay is twenty-two months old. My dear boys, you're growing so fast! There are days when I can't wait for them to hit the next phase. I want to see more of who they are and what they're thinking. Then there are days where I want them to stay just as little as they are, and wrap them up in the joy of their present.
I feel so terribly, wonderfully in love! These sweet little angels are mine, and I get to teach them day in and day out. What a remarkable challenge and opportunity !
Several days ago I went in to get William up (hardly happens!) as I walked in and looked down at my baby he was gone! In his place laid a little toddler boy- one whose legs stretched the length of his crib, and whose once swaddled limbs lay sprawled out, clutching his favorite lovies. In that moment my breath caught and I thought, "oh, hold fast, my boy! You're growing so quick!"
Each day with my boys is a tremendous blessing. I find myself more wildly in love with them as the days pass. For all the hard hurdles we jump together, I cherish when my rose colored shades light up my vision and I see how beautiful life really is.

I love you, my dear boys, more than heart and words can express. Thank you, God for giving me the best.











No comments:

Post a Comment