Thursday, January 9, 2014

A New Year

I am blessed to have a dear group of women who I can talk about a gospel subject with each month. The gospel of Jesus Christ is who I am. I love the Lord with all of my heart, and I delight in being able to talk with others about eternal truths. For the last several days I have felt to begin the year on my blog by recording my testimony of my Father in Heaven and my Savior.

I love the Lord. That statement cannot be overused to me because it is the simple, deep feeling of my heart. "He is my joy and my song" to quote a familiar hymn. I know He knows and loves me. I know God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are three separate personages. I know God cares deeply about our spiritual progression. I know this because He has proven to me time and time again His willingness to be in the details of my life.

A friend tonight shared an experience her friend had which she related as she taught a group of young women of our church. This friend explained that we must "keep coming unto Christ." I know this to be true. Life and its unpredictable trials/ experiences will always demand for us to be faced with the choice: do we choose Christ or not?

I have seen so clearly the polarizing issues that have arose during my short life, and I see, with similar clarity, the daily need to choose Christ over every issue, without exception. Faith wouldn't be faith if it didn't require effort and trust.

I believe in Christ. He is my hope (or assurance). He is my advocate. He is my respected friend. I have felt and continue to believe in His divine healing.

With this year ahead of me, I look forward to the faith promoting experiences I will be granted. I look back with fondness at the tender mercies I have experienced, expressly that of giving birth to our dear Carter, and the tremendous joy and light he has added to our home. I have seen clearly God's hand in my family, and thank Him for our blessings. I rejoice in being a wife and mother and feel it a deep honor and noble calling to be both.

All that I am I owe to my God.













No comments:

Post a Comment