Thursday, August 16, 2012

Priesthood

My friend from back in Dodge City recently shared this Mormon Message about the Priesthood:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WNLYeTxBQiY

(I am not sure how to share the video directly on here, so the link will have to suffice for now.)

The older I get, the younger I realize these young men are who pass and administer the sacrament, and who are blessed with the beginning power to act in God's name and His ordinances. I am impressed by the significant trust God gives to young 12 year old boys to serve in His name. I am impressed that He trusts 19 year old boys to go out and preach His word. As a mother it makes sense though. You don't teach your child in a day what you want them to be like forever. You teach them repetitively, day in and day out, and then some day down the line you hope it all sticks and you can see them acting and living the way you taught them to.
I feel this is why God gives these young boys the early responsibility to act in His name. He is seeking for them to be life long servants to Him and those they are around. He is teaching them how to bear responsibility with dignity and respect early in their lives; and He is teaching them early their power to do good in this world.

As I watched the Mormon Message video it reinforced a strong feeling I have had lately to do all I can to teach my sweet William, and other boys of I am blessed to have more, the sacred responsibility it is to be a holder of the Priesthood. I want him to understand early its significance and lasting importance. I want him to, if anything, understand that being a holder of the Priesthood is a sacred trust and to bear it with dignity and respect. It makes me teary to picture my sweet William passing the sacrament and futuristically blessing his home, wife and kids, with the power of God.
From examples in my life, the Priesthood of God transforms ordinary men into extraordinary, loving men. I hope deeply for this for my baby. There is no greater blessing I could see come to my baby than to have him take hold of the truths we teach him and to watch him grow in that light and knowledge.

I am infinitely blessed because of the extraordinary men in my life who have allowed themselves to be shaped and molded by God's careful hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment