Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's Good To Be Home

(Written Aug. 18)

With Rich's work in full swing, I get to do most of the unpacking and organizing of our apartment, which is something I really do enjoy.  Like most little girls, I grew up with pictures in my mind of how I want my home to look, and I love being able to implement those little things now here and there as our budget allows.
This move has been particularly rewarding since Rich has had long days at work, opening my day up for setting up our house (what else am I going to do?!)
Each day this week, after a lot of cleaning, organizing, and unpacking, I have gotten to show Rich what I've done, and his admiration makes all the work worthwhile!
Tonight, when he got home, being beat, he came in and crashed on the couch (you know your hubby is tired when you can audibly hear him sigh as he sinks into the couch from the other room).  We chatted about our days, and I filled him in on all the details of what I did to the house while he was gone. His honest reply after showing him the new set up was, "Wow, I didn't even notice all ofthis when I walked in. It just felt better; like home." While I could have been offended, I wasn't at all. It makes me really happy to do the little things that make my husband feel good and relaxed at the end of the day.
I know that he probably won't pick up on the small this or that I do during the day.  What matters to me is that I do it so that when he gets home from his very busy day he can kick off his shoes and think, "man I'm so glad to be home."

No comments:

Post a Comment