Monday, September 26, 2011

What A Blessing

I may be the only girl in the world who has struggled with the independence part of being pregnant, but lately it has hit me what a huge blessing pregnancy is.  Allow me to explain. 
All growing up I feel like I’ve been a pretty independent person.  I am not lacking brut strength and can therefore take on a lot of home projects, packing, lifting, playing sports, you name it on my own.  Since being pregnant though I’ve had to ask for a lot of help, even for the simple things like rolling up my pant legs (I’m sure you can relate if you’ve been pregnant before!) 
I really enjoy my independence, but even more I enjoy being able to bring this kiddo into the world.  It’s totally worth the little sacrifices, totally worth asking for lots of help, totally worth taking extra rests, and totally worth not running.


I’ve been in awe of how big this little guy is getting and the fact that we’ve been blessed to create him at the right time for us.  It’s pathetic because I totally get teary-eyed thinking of the baby, toddler, kid, boy, and man he’ll be.  My heart sings with joy knowing that I can spend eternity with him and Richard: no matter what happens here, we’ll always be together. 

The song “Families Can Be Together Forever” means a lot more to me now that I have one of my own.  The second verse reads:
“While I am in my early years,

I’ll prepare most carefully,
So I can marry in God’s temple for eternity.
[Chorus]

Fam’lies can be together forever

Through Heav’nly Father’s plan.

I always want to be with my own family,

And the Lord has shown me how I can.

The Lord has shown me how I can.”

While singing it in church it hit me, “Wow! I’ve done that! I did my best to carefully prepare, I’ve been married in the temple to a sweet and loving man, we’re having a precious baby boy, and we’re an eternal family!!” (And yes, I got teary there too, ha) It’s something I always dreamed of as a young woman and now I am experiencing it… what a blessing!

I’m truly grateful for these relatively small sacrifices that are bring about tremendous blessings in my life. 




I adore the miracle this baby is.

No comments:

Post a Comment